Our family of 3

Our family of 3

Monday, February 16, 2015

Josiah's Journal Entry 6: I am Batman

So my mom's like "hey, you're 11 months old plus a week.  I should take your picture".
And I'm like "Ya mom, you better get on that".  Pardon me while I roll my eyes.
How does a picture capture capture that I say "mama" and "bu-bye"?  How do pictures capture anything close to our lives?  It's just a still shot of the millions of seconds from my life that is fill with small temper tantrums, hair pulling, giggles, and laughter?  How is still photography supposed to demonstrate the emotion I feel when I read Sandra Boynton books?  She's so deep.  She gets me…
Anyway, ahem, I suppose still photography can show that I have 6 teeth and 1 more on the way, I guess it can capture that I give books to mom and dad thereby communicating with them that I want them read to me.  Now.
So anyway, I am SO over these monthly pictures, so imagine my surprise when mom pulls out this Superhero outfit.  I've heard the talk around the nursery, Batman is way better than Superman so I can only guess that this is of course a Batman outfit (since mom and dad only let me watch the occasional Elmo short or Train video-no superheroes…yet).  


I always pictured Batman with pants.


Thanks mom for making this monthly picture op. so much less lame than the others.
I've got my awesome cape…wait, stop calling me Superman, I'm Batman.  
These great socks that match my awesome cape.  Guys, I'm serious, stop calling me Superman, I'm BATMAN.


These great gadgets in my hand that will help me defeat the bad guys...Knock it off!  I AM BATMAN!
Wait a minute…this isn't Batman's costume.  The kids said he wears black…I must be Superman.


I've been betrayed!


No comments:

Post a Comment