Our family of 3

Our family of 3

Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to work

Work starts up again tomorrow after 3 months of sitting outside in the sun, vacations with family, and traveling to visit friends.  Recap of my summer:
Family Reunion in Tennessee.  Can't wait for the next one in two years!!
Insert pictures of me lying in bed, my own then the hospitals, here...3 weeks later I was more or less recovered from mono...
Celebrating our second anniversary!
Fantastic trip to Virginia and D.C with friends!
We spent an extended weekend at the Wisconsin Dells with my side of the family-it's crazy how fast our family is growing!

I now jump into 9 rigorous months of teaching four year olds how to walk in a line, train them to only use the bathroom during certain times of the day, raise their hands when they have something to say, and attempt to distract them from 8:20-8:45 while they scream for mom those first two weeks....(actually there is a ton of learning that goes on too)  I really do like my job, A LOT.  But those first two weeks are like boot camp...for the teachers.  Once the first two weeks are over and the rules are established-we have a ton of fun.  The kids crack me up.  Here are some highlights from the past 3 years:
"Mrs. Johnson, what's the third letter in the word 'loquacious'?"
"Please pass the trapezoid, I need two to make a hexagon."
"I speak italian, 'frappuccino'!"
"When I grow up, I'm going to rockstar school!"
As I said before, I really like my job.  I'm glad that when I "bring my work home" it looks like this:
Putting lego pieces together is my kind of "take-home work".
After a summer of unexpected changes, sickness, and lots of travels, I'm ready for something normal.  I have my school hoodie ready, name tag, and keys...BRING IT!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog so far Annie! It was fun to read about your summer trips and stuff. So glad you joined the blogging world, I think you'll really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete