Our family of 3

Our family of 3

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Our Life

In a book we read for our small group, it said it can take 10 years for the "we" mentality to fully set in.  I'll mess it up if I try to explain it.  All I know is sometimes reality sets in when I'm sitting alone with a book or right before I start to fall asleep and I realize "huh, so THIS is how our life turns out" (for the moment anyway).  Not my life, not his life, OUR life.  This isn't just the journey God has been preparing me for for 26 years or Wes for 27.  This is what He has been preparing US for...our testimonies, past experiences, and passions weave together to create a unique US.

Wes starts full time seminary next week.  He left the bank he has been working at for almost 3 years so he can continue school full-time and finish next year.  I start my fourth year at the private school where I work in the Pre-K class (4s and 5s) as well as teach a slew of after school specials.  God has been showing us these last few months (and probably longer if we had cared to listen sooner) that He is showing us one week at a time.  Lighting our path, not the room we're in.  We may think September will bring with it our new "normal" but we are quickly discovering that God is so much bigger than anything that is "normal" and whatever happens it's OUR life.  Not in a possessive way.  It's OUR life in a way that says "this is the journey God has US on...not someone else."  It's like that C.S Lewis's book The Horse and His Boy (I think that's what it's called).  The kid is walking with Aslan and he keeps asking about his friend and where his friend is now and what she's doing.  Aslan responds with something like that's her story and I'm here to tell you your story not hers.  God is showing us our story as we walk day by day with the lamp at our feet.
(thanks Yvette Rattray for the picture!)
So I started this to give random updates about our life and our story.  I have enjoyed reading friend's blogs, hearing how they are doing, so here you go world.  One more blog to add to the billions.

No comments:

Post a Comment