Our family of 3

Our family of 3

Saturday, September 3, 2011

A little encouragement resulting in a busy fall

A little encouragement after an exhausting first week back.
This week I found out what after school specials I will be teaching.  The teachers get paid a certain amount depending on how many kids sign up for their class.  So, Monday after school I will hanging out with 10 5-7 year olds, dancing to Justin Bieber in our socks on the drama stage.  It's going to be a blast.  In the second class, I'll be reading kids stories and they will either draw or write responses to it and sometimes create their own alternative ending.  This class is for 5-6 year olds and I've got 8 of them.  On top of those two classes I found out my tap/ballet class I teach elsewhere got enough kids in it to continue through the fall.  I feel very encouraged.  Needless to say, it will be a busy fall but I am very excited to try my hand at these.
I've found some great children's books and I know a lot of authors from my time at work but does anyone have any suggestions?  Even though this class is for 5-6 year olds, they're all a grade ahead.  I'm willing to research just about anything!


1 comment:

  1. Anything by Tomie DePaola is good...I also like to check out the award winning books for the year. Here is one site to look at. http://www.underdown.org/childrens-book-awards.htm
    Love you both,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete