Our family of 3

Our family of 3

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Then and Now

As we opened the windows to let the cool air in, I smelled fall coming.  It's on it's way!
I absolutely love fall.  Maybe it's the colors or the decorations.  Or it could be Halloween (I really like Halloween despite the creepy factor).  But I actually think it's because fall is the season Wes and I met.

I love fall.
Then (almost four years ago)
 Now (2 months ago)

I was misguidedly told in high school to make a "list" of the qualities I wanted in a husband.  I can only be glad Wes was not told to make a similar list.  Years later I have found these "lists" that appear to be more of a grocery list than a list of character traits I would want in someone I am to share my life with.  I am too embarrassed to post these recent findings but it is amazing how it changes.  I used to "update" my list every year around my birthday.  I think somewhere, I have about 4 or 5 lists starting from the year 2001.  I am sincerely thankful that I was not given what my list claimed I needed.  I had no idea what I wanted or needed for that matter when I was 16.  Ten years later I am finding God knew exactly what I needed and gave it to me before I could even think to ask about that "quality".  
How many dreams do I think will be good for me/us?  Then we find we're better off trusting God than creating our own ideals.  

Throw out my list Jesus.  Change my heart so I don't even make them to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment