Our family of 3

Our family of 3

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

No such thing as Normal

I am just now starting to understand that there is no such thing as "normal".

I like order and stability.  I like knowing what is on my calendar weeks ahead of time and I am easily startled and put out by surprises or changes in the schedule.  I understand this could be signs of OCD...but I assure you I am not that extreme.

It is because of this slight obsession with order and schedules that I have come to the conclusion Wes and I are destined to never have a "normal" for more than a few months at a time.

Wes recently attained a part-time job (non-ministry related) while he's still in school.

I am taking care of my recent set-backs by going to various appointments a few times a week.

Our new normal is twice as busy as our old normal.  I don't like this new normal.  In fact, on day one of week one I burst into tears in the car.  I don't like change.  But then again, four months from now this will not be normal either.

Ah well, I'm sure I'll get used to it, thrive on it, then complain when an even newer normal enters the picture.

But how are you supposed to plan/be prepared for the future when normalcy is not a consistency??!

No comments:

Post a Comment