Our family of 3

Our family of 3

Thursday, September 18, 2014

I feel like there is probably a Weird Al song about this...

Oh technology, why do you plague me like you do?
You wait until unassuming me has not backed up my hard-drive in over a year.  You lurk in the shadows waiting, waiting until I'm most vulnerable, until I have uploaded every single picture ever taken of my 6 month-old precious baby...and then BOOM!  You retreat into the darkness, like Gollum and his "precious".  But I've fooled you!  The best pictures are still on facebook and shutterfly, and printed in albums in my living room.  Mwahahaha.  I have crushed you, you first world problem, you!  Dozens of memory cards have not yet been erased.  Wedding pictures, newborn pictures are on CDs...you think you got me.  You can't win!!


I'll bet Weird Al has a song about hard drives crashing.  I would find that humorous about now.


It is a bummer though.  But let's be real, my husband and baby are so much better than the 2D version.  I have the real thing.  I was telling Wes how I was bummed that I don't have pictures of us from the last 7 years just hanging out.  "We have so much time to hang out" he responds.  How true. 

Over the years God has been reminding me how it's not mine-material things, and now he reminds me yet again.  The pictures and videos don't matter and there is so much time to make more memories.







No comments:

Post a Comment