Our family of 3

Our family of 3

Friday, October 21, 2011

A Dead Desire of My Heart

Ballerina magnets a few of my dance students made me (one of them still needs to be hot glued to the magnet)
This dance class is just another example in my life of God giving me the desires of my heart.  I always wanted to teach ballet and never thought I would be able to.  I don't have a degree in dance, I just have 11 years of ballet, tap, jazz, and pointe experience and while I was in the top classes by the end of my dance "career", I've only entered a small handful of contests and until this studio found me (yes it most definitely found me) I only ever choreographed dances in my head.  I've been doing this for almost six months now and I absolutely love it.  The girls are fantastic, they get my humor, and we have fun!  One mom stopped me on my way out the door last week and said "They are always smiling".  Good!  It's all about having fun, learning and becoming better, but having fun.  It's just something I never thought I would do but always wanted to.  Just another example of how God can and does give us the desires of our heart...sometimes we just have to wait.  I gave up on that dream in college-the dream was dead.  God is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment