Our family of 3

Our family of 3

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Nerdy Preparation

Be forewarned...some of you may be disgusted by what you are about to see...
Others of you will applaud my organization
And others will appreciate the insanity and method to my madness recognizing that I am now done and you have hardly started.
(these are not all of my Christmas cards...just examples)
Yes, I made them, yes they look like a 1st grader's craft project, no I don't care-their mine.

Every year at the end of the summer I begin to think what I would write in a Christmas card about the present year.  Wes and I have had some interesting events this year as well as big changes.  It was fun putting in the info to friends and family who don't live close so they can be caught up on our lives.

I love getting Christmas cards.  Growing up, and still today, my mom always put them in places that looked so elegant.  Big red ribbons were involved.  It was so fun to see pictures of people and hear what they're up to.  Facebook has ruined that a bit but at least these pictures I can hold in my hand.  I look forward to the first Christmas card every year.  I still have not mastered how to make them look elegant in our apartment but I will work on that...I've already walked around Hobby Lobby thinking of ideas...yes I just love Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I did my Christmas cards early last year. It was so nice to have them out of the way before things got busy!

    ReplyDelete