Our family of 3

Our family of 3

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Gettin' all crafty up in here!

Ode to Pinterest: You are awesome...the end.

Thanks to ideas on pinterest (a website where people share crafty ideas and other fun things) I found a fun way to display Christmas cards.
Using cork board, ribbon, fabric, and pushpins we have this:
Cost: $15 because I bought enough supplies for four display boards.
It's not really crooked, I just took a fast picture.  There is another one right above it.  I just have to angle the pushpins so they don't scratch the wall, but I like it!
My other project was even more simple.  A pretty Christmas centerpiece.
Using our unity candle vase (we just had a vase with a small candle floating on top), 2 mason jars I kept from after using the contents inside, and one other vase I had, I stuffed them with inexpensive decor from Hobby Lobby and voila!  I suppose it's a little bulky but, again, I like it.

Cost: $4.50
I don't think anyone else can say they've used their unity candle again.  

I tried the whole melted crayons on canvas too.  That is currently in the bathroom.  I think it's one of the ugliest things I've ever done.  However, it took about a half hour to do and was so much fun that I decided to keep it around for a while just because it's melted crayons.  Did not come out as cool as the demonstration...so ugly.

Oh well, 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

2 comments:

  1. Pinterest is so awesome! There are several things I want to try on there including your centerpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually light our unity candle on our anniversary.

    ReplyDelete